This course is held in Orange County at our Costa Mesa Site
3303 Harbor Blvd, St G3, Costa Mesa CA
or at our Mission Viejo/Ladera Site: 555 Corporate Drive, St 279, Ladera Ranch CA 92694
During this eight hour course candidates must demonstrate satisfactory performance using lectures, scenarios, interactive case presentations, skill presentations, and proper use of video-mediated learning. Instructor candidates must demonstrate skills in student testing, assessment, and remediation. Once you become an Instructor, you will have access to the most current emergency cardiovascular care science, course updates, training resources and tools through the online AHA Instructor Network. You will also be able to post class dates and times to reach more students through the AHA public website.
Candidates must complete the following tasks to become an Instructor:
- Have current AHA BLS provider status and be proficient in all of the skills.
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application. (Application PDF)
- Become aligned with an American Heart Association Training Center.
- Obtain the BLS Instructor Package (includes course DVD, student manual and instructor manual) or BLS Instructor Manual (includes lesson plans)
- Successfully complete the BLS classroom Instructor Course with HealthPro
- Complete the mandatory BLS Instructor Essentials prior to class (may purchase at onlineaha.org, or purchase from HealthPro in the registration process)
- Register online with the AHA Instructor Network
- Successfully be monitored teaching your first BLS course within six months after completing the Instructor Course
- Complete any administrative steps (submission of required policies, complete TS Contract and payment of management dues - all reviewed during instructor course)
- Receive a BLS Instructor Card, valid for two years
The BLS for Healthcare Providers Instructor Package includes all tools needed for BLS Instructors to teach the BLS for Healthcare Providers Course and skills sessions for HeartCode BLS. The following items are included in this convenient package:
BLS Instructor Manual
BLS Student Manual (includes pocket reference card)
BLS Course DVD
HeartSaver classes are for non-healthcare providers and include: CPR-AED, First Aid and Pediatric First Aid/CPR
If you wish to teach the HeartSaver classes (CPR-First Aid) only, then you can purchase the Heartsave Instructor Packet instead.